Reeces Inspired Cookies




Today I decided to pop to Tesco to get some bits and bobs to restock my baking cupboard. After browsing the baking aisle, I noticed the Reeces Peanut Butter sitting on the shelf. 
I am a serious peanut butter addict. A friend of mine (Yes you Tracey!) gave me the strangest look for combining a bowl of strawberries with a huge dollop of peanut and coconut butter last week (seriously go try it right now, its amazing). I think its one of the most versatile things you can have in the cupboard and one of THE best combinations as I am sure you are all well aware is peanut butter with chocolate. 
Reeces peanut butter cups have to be one of mine and Chris' favourite treats too, so I had to grab a jar and have an experiment to see what I could come up with. The end result turned out to be these little crumbly cookies. 
I made two versions and I can't decide which ones I prefer more. So try both and see what you think! They're so simple and any peanut butter would work (I also now want to try these with almond butter) and all of the ingredients are what most people would have in the cupboard. 
I hope you all enjoy them as much as Chris does (he's eaten 4 so far this afternoon). I'd love to know how you all get on, so please leave a comment if you try them out!
Love

Ells

x




  • 125g Cold Butter
  • 125g Caster Sugar
  • 200g Plain Flour
  • 50g Cocoa Powder
  • 1 Egg
  • 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
  • Reeces Peanut butter (or whatever peanut butter you have!)
  • 50g Milk Chocolate
Pre-heat the oven to 180c and line a baking tray with baking parchment. 
Cream the butter and sugar together until its light and fluffy. Add in the egg and beat until combined. sift in the flour, cocoa powder and mix, then add the vanilla extract. Beat it until a smooth dough is formed. 
Lay a piece of clingfilm on the side and tip the dough ontop. Wrap and pop it in the fridge for 15 minutes to chill. 
Lay a piece of baking parchment on a board. Using two teaspoons make 12 small balls of peanut butter on the parchment and then pop them in the freezer to set. 
Once the dough is chilled remove from the fridge with the peanut butter balls. Break chunks of the dough off and wrap around each of the peanut butter balls. Lay these on the lined baking tray and pop them back into the freezer to chill for a further 10 minutes. 
Once chilled, put them on the middle shelf of the oven to bake for 12-14 minutes. 
Remove from the oven and allow to cool. Once cooled, melt the 50g of milk chocolate (preferably in a disposable piping bag if you have one!) and drizzle over the cookies. 

Allow to set and enjoy. 

*** I also made these cookies without a chocolate dough, exactly the same steps and recipe just replace the 50g of cocoa powder with an additional 50g of plain flour*** 


x

Comments

Popular Posts