Cranberry & Coconut cereal bars.

As you are probably starting to see, I love recipes that are quick and easy to throw together but create something that tastes fabulous. Since having Sienna I have had to adapt to not being able to spend a stupid amount of time on one bake. Occasionally I get the chance to indulge myself and dive into a mound of ingredients and merge hours later.. but for the times I don't recipes like this are just what I want!

These are perfect for a quick breakfast/brunch and do keep you full for a long time, they're also pretty healthy (aside from the condensed milk) which is a bonus. I find that with sorting out Sienna or when I'm dashing off to the office in the morning I don't have time to sit and have a real breakfast, so something like this suits me fine. This is originally another Nigella recipe that i've tweaked to suit me :)

Do feel free to have a fiddle with it though, change the fruit, add some chocolate if you wish, chopped nuts are also fabulous - make something that you, yourself will really enjoy.

Ells
x

Ingredients
1 Can of condensed milk (379g)
250g Rolled oats (NOT instant - real porridge oats)
100g Dessicated coconut
120g Dried Cranberries
125g of seeds (I used sunflower + pumpkin, as they were what I had in the cupboard. However just about any mixed seeds should work! Sesame are fabulous in these!)


Method
Pre-heat your oven to 130c/gas 1/2. Oil a 23x33 baking tin. 
Warm the condensed milk in a pan whilst stirring regularly to prevent the bottom sticking.
Mix together all of the other ingredients and add the warmed condensed milk and mix it until its evenly distributed.
Spread the mixture into the tin and press down with your hands to even the surface. 
Bake them for an hour then remove them from the oven. Once semi cooled cut them into 16 squares. Let them cool completely and store them in an airtight tin! 
(If they don't get devoured in a day then they will keep for 3-4 days!)

xo


 

Comments

  1. I wish I could cook like you! All your recipes look amazing, especially this one! yummm xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Theyre easy bubs you can do it :) xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts