Banana & Chocolate Muffins

Muffins are one of the easiest bakes you will ever attempt. They make for a perfect breakfast treat on the weekends or a after work/school treat for all ages. The thing I love the most is being able to measure out all of the ingredients the night before I want to make them, putting the liquid ingredients in the fridge and leaving the dry ones in a bowl covered over with a tea towel until I want to bake them in the morning. They really are a case of slinging some ingredients in a bowl, mixing it all together and bunging in the oven!

Every week I buy 6 bananas - and have at least 3 left by the time I'm ready to do my next week shop. The left overs are usually a bit past their best at this stage but I cannot stand throwing them away (I hate wasting food). So this recipe is really quite perfect for anyone who does what I do - but do feel free to tweak it to suit you! Its perfect for little ones - Sienna LOVES them and she has no problems whatsoever eating them.

Lots of love

Ells
x




Ingredients
3 Very ripe bananas (or 150g blueberries)
125ml Vegetable oil
2 Eggs
250g Flour
100g Caster sugar
1/2 tsp Bicarbonate of soda
1 tsp Baking powder
150g of either nuts, (pecans or walnuts work fabulously with banana), raisins or any other dried fruit, white/milk chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, granola. In this recipe I used some dark chocolate chips that I needed to get rid of but I only used 100g which I think is enough! 

Method
Preheat your oven to 200c/Gas 6. Line a 12 bun muffin tin with muffin cases.
Mash the bananas and set to one side.
Pour the oil into a jug and beat in the eggs.
Put the flour, sugar, bicarb and baking powder into a large bowl and mix in the beaten egg and oil mixture, then add the mashed bananas. 
Fold in the morsels of nut/chocolate/dried fruit/granola. Place equal quantities in the prepared muffin tin - again with the icecream scoop. Bake in the oven for 20 mins. Leave to cool for 5 mins in the tin and either have warm or set aside to cool completely on a wire rack. Store in an airtight tin!

Comments

  1. Ahh those banana and chocolate muffins look sooo good! Sienna looks like she's enjoying them too :) She's such a little cutie!!! :) xxx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts